Saturday 23 February 2019

Farmer's Wife 1920s Blocks 39, 40, 41 and 42

Farmer's Wife 1920s Block 39 - Friendship
Block 39 - Friendship
I used my own patchwork pattern from The Patchsmith's Sampler Blocks pattern book.  
Block 14 from The Patchsmith's Sampler book

Block 40 - Friendship Block
Block 40 - Friendship Block - already sashed.
I paper-pieced this block in mid December and it is already sashed.  Notes remind me to "paper-piece the four corner triangle units and add them onto the middle square."  When adding the corners to the middle square, do so with the corners facing down so you have the wrong side of the corner triangle units facing you.  This will enable you to see where the points intersect.

Block 41 - Friendship Star
A favourite block deserves a little fussy cutting
It is no secret that the Friendship Star is one of my favourite patchwork blocks.  "So quick - I patched it whilst my computer was loading."  

Block 42 - Fruit Basket
Block 42 - Fruit Basket
"Lost a point when stitching the units together."  And so I did but it is still a pretty block in blue and yellow.  And I know from the other sampler quilts I have made that nobody will notice the odd missing point.

That is me totally up-to-date I do believe.  YAY.  Be sure to come back next week for more fun with fabric.  Until then check out all the Farmer's Wife 1920s blocks on Pinterest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment