Saturday 9 February 2019

Farmers Wife 1920s Blocks 33 and 34

Block 33 - Farmer's Puzzle

Block 33 - Farmer's Puzzle
Two people have now told me this block reminds them of a swastika.  I just don't see it unless I turn the block on point otherwise I see four arrows in a grid.  I am glad I am not sashing my blocks on point otherwise I may not have included this one.  My notes state this was a "lovely block to patch.  I pressed seams of each half arrow in opposite directions so they nested perfectly."  And so they did.

Block 34 - Flock of Geese
Block 34 - Flock of Geese
This block was lovely to paper-piece and my notes state that the "points matched".  However, my journal also states "block seams are a little mishapened but it should be ok once it is sashed".  

Country Sashing

I have sashed both of these blocks into the fourth row of my Farmer's Wife 1920s quilt.  I intend to have eleven rows of ten blocks so that the finished quilt should be the size of a good double.   Here is a little insight into how it is looking:
Sashing-as-I-go for the Farmer's Wife 1920 Quilt

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment