Monday 18 February 2019

Patchsmith Sampler Block 50 - Yacht

Block 50 - Yacht

You could be excused for thinking that this final block in the Patchsmith’s Sampler sew-along will have us sailing off into the sunset but that just isn’t true.  Every block in the book, together with its respective blog post/tutorial can be found HERE.  They are not going anywhere.  And I am just an email away from providing help and assistance should you need.

The Patchsmith Sampler pattern book is available from Amazon

So the final block is a lovely little make.  There is nothing difficult or new with this block as it is made up of quick corners and straightforward patchwork. 

It is also a lovely block to add to a project or quilt intended for a male recipient, whatever their age.  But remember, women like to sail as well (I was taught to sail when I was at school).
Red, white and blue can create a pretty yacht.
I particularly like using red, white and blue for this block making it a great Labour Day or 4th of July block. 

Whatever use you find for it, I hope you will share your blocks over on Instagram (#block50yacht) so that we can all share inspiration and fabric fun. 

So there we have it – a year-long project comes to a close.  I will be back with a couple of new mug rug books this year, together with an exploration of how quilting/stitching can help us find a little bit of peace in a hurried world.  I will also be using some of my Sampler Blocks in projects throughout the year. So I hope to see you back here again real soon. 
Click on the photo to see all my FW 1920s blocks
p.s. Don’t forget to check out the Farmer’s Wife 1920s blocks on Pinterest.  Just click on any of the photos and you will go through to the hints-and-tips for that block.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for being the hostess with the most original and fun blocks...are for leaving the tutorials up, so I can finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement and support. It is really appreciated. xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on a lovely ending to your Patchsmith's Sampler SAL. I have enjoyed every block - even though I haven't made them all yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining with me Julie. Life gets in the way often doesn't it? But sewing should never be a chore so it seems only fitting the block tutorials remain for as long as I continue sewing. Thank you for your continued support. xx

      Delete