Friday 11 October 2019

Granny's Garden Bedrunner Blocks 20 and 24

My Granny's Garden bed runner is coming along nicely!

I am all caught up on the Granny’s Garden sew-along.  I only need fourteen blocks for my bed runner and week 5 saw me making Block 20 and week 6 saw me making Block 24. That is a total of eight blocks to date. 
Block 20 is a two-way Dresden block
Block 20 is another Dresden block and it is made in the same way that we made Block11.  I used four 5” squares, two from each fabric - see the tutorial on how.  I even had time to fussy cut the center.

Block 24 complete with fussy cut middle.
Block 24 is a lovely flower block.  It was a simple put together leaving me with plenty of time again to fussy cut the middle from one of Lori’s Granny Chic fabrics.

Can you see a pattern here?  I am creating my bedrunner from seven flower blocks and seven Dresden blocks.  Next up is Block 26 another flower block and I have a shortcut for cutting and stitching that flower.  But more on that next time ....

No comments:

Post a Comment