Tuesday 10 February 2015

Block-a-Day Block 41 - Diamond Ring

Block 41 - Diamond Ring
Today’s block marks a first for me in two respects.   Firstly (excuse the pun) I created a block from Kumiko Fujita’s “318 Patchwork Patterns” book.  This book is full of delightful little designs that you can copy and enlarge.  Most are then hand-stitched or patchworked.  However, I wanted to keep Kumiko’s block no. 89 at the original size (under 2½”) so I decided to paper-piece it.
Close up of the paper piecing of Block 41
And this brings me onto my second ‘first’ – I converted the patchwork pattern into a paper-pieced pattern.  Thankfully, it was quite a simple pattern to convert due to the limited number of pieces involved.  And the piecing went together really easily too.

I love a bit of glitz and glamour ..... and the odd diamond or two!

p.s. If you're looking for the Hashtag block tutorial - I have added it to the 'Tutorial and Freebies' tab at the top of this page.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! What a marvellous job you did! Love this cute little block! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, It turned out so lovely and it might just be my favourite ..... so far!

      Delete
  2. I love your fabrics and colors in your diamond block! It is so pretty!!! How clever of you to convert this to paper piecing. It is a beautiful block!!
    I have to look up this book....
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So charming!!! Wonderful idea to convert this little block to paper piecing - it's a perfect gem!

    ReplyDelete