Sunday 20 January 2019

Farmers Wife 1920s Blocks 31 and 32

Block 31 - Evening Star

Block 31 - Evening Star
An alternative Block 31 - just in case!
Thank goodness Block 31 ‘Evening Star’ turned up when it did as I was ill with the flu.  I had patched a couple of ‘star’ blocks from my One Block Mug Rugs Book previously so it was a simple case of choosing which one would become a Farmer’s Wife Block. I chose turquoise over red!


Turn ANY 6" block into a fun mug rug

Block 32 - Farmer's Daughter
Block 32 - Farmer's Daughter
This block was paper-pieced by me at the beginning of December but I put the sections together incorrectly so it needed redoing.  I really enjoyed a couple of hours spent in the sewing room this week, making this block.  My journal notes state simply “remade in blue – turned out beautifully”.  And so it did. 

I think I am up-to-date with all the Farmer’s Wife 1920 blocks.  You can see the ones I’ve made so far on my Farmer's Wife 1920 Pinterest Board.  Until next time ........ 

1 comment: