Saturday 13 October 2018

Farmers Wife 1920 Blocks 15 & 16

Block 15 - Buzzard's Roost

Block 15 – Buzzard’s Roost
I made this block before I decided on my sashing which clashes everso slightly but I really enjoyed making it.  Notes highlight a mis-placing of the checked fabric: “Easy to paper-piece although directional print is wrong on one of the side triangles.” Thank goodness I am not a perfectionist – I would never finish anything!!

Block 16 – Calico Puzzle
I patched this block and it turned out so pretty. Notes say it all “prettiest little block”.  Sometimes it is the simplest blocks that turn out the best.
Block 16 - Calico Puzzle
That’s another two blocks and I have made a couple more so I now have two strips of 10 blocks sashed. Things are going well.

1 comment:

  1. I think block 16 is great im teaching my 8 yr old granddaughter to sew that looks good for her would like to have measurement for her to make a small quilt

    ReplyDelete