Monday 24 September 2018

Patchsmith Sampler Block 30 - Love-a-Dove

Block 30 - Love-a-Dove

I’m cooing over this week’s block – Block 30 ‘Love-a-Dove’.  Taken from my Winter Dove mug rug pattern, this block uses quick fuse applique. You will find full instructions are provided in the block pattern and in the introduction pages of the book. You will also find further hints and tips HERE.

What you may not realise however, is that there is such a thing as a black dove – known as a Black Cuckoo Dove. Perfect for Halloween don’t you think? 
Black Halloween Dove

I swapped the hearts for a pumpkins in my Halloween version and created a tendril string created using two strands of green embroidery cotton. If you wish to do the same you will find a PDF template for the pumpkin garland HERE or by clicking on the picture below.
Block 30 Halloween Template

Next week we return to patchwork with the Window Box block.  I look forward to seeing your baskets over on Instagram (#block30loveadove) or in the Flickr group.  Until next time ....

1 comment:

  1. Oh how cute is this additional Halloween version with the pumpkins! I loved making my Love-A-Dove block , Amanda!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete