Monday 10 September 2018

Farmer's Wife 1920 Quilt Blocks 5 & 6

Another week and another two blocks - one paper-pieced and one patched.

Block 5 - Bat Wing
Block 5 - Bat Wing
Nope – not those flabby bits under my arms but the bat wings that fly at night. And this block certainly flew together as quick as any bat. My notes state "Very easy paper-pieced block." When stitching the three sections together lay the bat wing sections face down onto the middle strip. That way you will be able to see the 'points' intersection.

Block 6 – Big Dipper
Block 6 - Big Dipper
I used four 5” charm squares and patched four quarter-square-triangles using the super-quick method used by Julie over at The Crafty Quilter.  My journal entry states "not sure I like the asymmetrical look" but the fabrics are so pretty it is a keeper.

Another two blocks sashed. Anybody else think this is going quickly?

No comments:

Post a Comment