Tuesday 23 June 2015

A BAD Rail Fence Mini Quilt


My BAD block 172 is actually four little 2¾” rail fence blocks joined together to make a 5" patch.  

BAD Block 172 

Jill, over at Apple Avenue Quilts is posting a mini quilt pattern each month for the rest of the year.  The 'rail fence' paper-pieced block and mini quilt are the free pattern for June.   

In keeping with my BAD (block-a-day) aims I used only scraps of fabric for this little quiltie. Can't think of a nicer way to use up those thin scrappy strips can you?

8 comments:

  1. Wow quick finish and so pretty! I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a quick little pattern Jill - I set up a paper-piece chain and it all went together easily. Thank you for sharing.

      Delete
  2. Cute fabrics! Makes the block nice and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum should like it. And all from scraps - gotta love that.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty block and very accurate seams! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. The block was paper pieced which helps with the accuracy especially when the blocks are so tiny.

      Delete
  4. Oh, my! I almost squealed when this beauty appeared on my computer screen...it's just gorgeous! I love the perfection of the strips, and the sophisticated prints and colors. Great border to set it all off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Rail Fence block. So user friendly especially for the minuscule scraps I can't bear to part with. This is adorable and I love the light blue with orange. Can it be pulled off "non-paper pieced" is the question? Looks great Amanda!

    ReplyDelete