Wednesday 1 January 2020

Wishing you JOY throughout 2020



JOY is my word for 2020.   But it is more than a word - it is an intention – my intention - to create a little JOY for myself and others throughout this year and beyond. 

So to start this year I created a little bit of JOY just for me using four pretty charm squares and my JOY mug rug pattern.  Here is how:

First I cut two 5” x 1½” strips from each charm square:
You will need two strips from each fabric

I then stitched them together to create two patches. 
Stitch the strips together to create two patches

And used these as the ‘fabric’ for the applique letters.
Fuse the applique tracings onto the WRONG side of the patches

 Finally I added a little touch of Patchsmithian gingham love:

  Wishing you all a
HAPPY NEW YEAR 
and I hope JOY comes a’calling for you in 2020.

1 comment:

  1. You've chosen a great word, and I'm sure JOY will be abundant for you this year. Happy New Year, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete