Wednesday 12 June 2019

Patchsmith Sampler Quilt

I have been waiting for nice weather to take some pictures of the finished Patchsmith Sampler Quilt.  Unfortunately, it is still raining here in England!  But I can't wait a moment longer .......
Complete with a scrap happy border.
I used left over scraps from fabrics used elsewhere in the quilt to make the scrap-happy border.  It pulls all the blocks together to create a unified quilt.

The scrappy border couldn't be any easier.

The blocks were created using some of my favourite fabrics from my stash and scrap box.  After all - that is what sampler quilts are all about - using what you have.

So many favourite blocks

Every time I look at the quilt I see a favourite block and then another and then another.  Here I love the cactus, the moonlit star, the ladybird, the beehive - oh heck - I just love them all.

Can you see the Saltbox House?  I would love to live there1
If you want to have a closer look at each and every block then click on the Patchsmith Sampler Blocks tab above.  You will find a photo of each block and, if you click on the photo, you will go through to the blog post for that block.  You will find hints and tips and some cool ways to use the blocks together with bonus blocks.

Combine Block 9 'Bullseye' with Block 17 'London Roads' for a fun mug rug
The blocks don't have to be made into a quilt - they are great in all sorts of projects.  So head on over to Amazon and grab yourself a copy of The Patchsmith's Sampler Quilt pattern book.

Until next time ......

5 comments:

  1. I ABsoLuTeLy love the quilt. It's so bright happy & cheery. Well done...xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Gorgeous! Each block shines so beautifully - and together make a stunning quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is sooo beautiful and warm and scrappy-happy, Amanda!!
    I love seeing your version of Patchsmith Sampler Quilt, to see it’s personality, compared to mine using different fabrics!!
    This is a treasure and I am so happy to have made mine along with you !!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! My copy just arrived today, and I love your applique especially! I've been starting to collect your patterns to make aprons and little mug rugs and so on, they are so adorable. :) I really enjoy the country feel of some of them..we live in rural Kansas, so it fits right in.

    --Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I used whatever fabrics I had in my stash but I do like modern country fabrics.
      I hope you enjoy the blocks. If I can help then please just email me (email in my 'About' tab at the top.)
      Kindness
      Amanda

      Delete