Sunday 5 May 2019

Farmer's Wife 1920s Blocks 48, 49 and 50


It is over a month since I posted any Farmer’s Wife 1920s blocks so, without further ado here are another three blocks.

Block 48 – Homeward Bound
Block 48 - Homeward Bound
This was a really simple block so I patched it rather than paper-pieced it.  It turned out just fine.

Block 49 – Honeycomb
Block 49 - Honeycomb
If I was English paper-piecing this I would combine all the yellow pieces into two diamonds (centre two) and four half-diamonds (side units).  I cannot, for the life of me see why you wouldn’t.  As I was foundation paper-piecing I combined the middle triangles to create one triangle for each row (look closely and you will see what I mean).  It made this block easier and less bulky.

Block 50 – Honey’s Choice
Block 50 - Honey's Choice
For Block 50 'Honey’s Choice' I paper-pieced the four corner pinwheel units and then patched them together.  All relatively easy.

I have actually made more than these three but I have put off Blocks 51 and 52 due to my half-triangle boredom.  I will get on with both this week and hope to post shortly so be sure to pop back soon.  Until then.........

4 comments: