Friday 16 November 2018

Farmers Wife 1920s Blocks 21, 22, 23 and 24

Block 21 – Contrary Wife
Block 21 - Contrary Wife
My notes state that "There is nothing contrary here.  Very pretty, very easy block to patch."  I cut the squares for the half-square triangles to 3½"and trimmed them down to 2½" once I had made them.  

Block 22 – Corn and Beans
Block 22 - Corn and Beans
Although my block is more carrots and pumpkins! I paper-pieced this block by constructed the center square (which is on-point) before adding four identical corner units. My journal entry states "only just to size - enjoyed making it though." 

Block 23 – Country Farm
Block 23 - Country Farm
I paper-pieced this block and it "went together beautifully." It reminds me of a summer picnic.

Block 24 – Country Path
Block 24 - Country Path
I limited the number of fabrics I used on the center square unit of this block to give it more balance. Like block 22, I created the center square (which is on point) and added four corner units.

I have sashed and stitched two rows of ten blocks together so I think that is quite enough for now.  But be sure to come back soon to check on my progress.  If you want to see all the blocks I've made so far you can find them on my Farmer's Wife 1920s Pinterest Board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment