Tuesday 20 November 2018

Patchsmith Sampler Block 38 - Night Owl


Block 38 - Night Owl

After last week’s Elephant block we have a nice easy ‘quick-fuse’ applique block this week – Block 38 ‘Night Owl’.

This block was created based on my Night Owls mug rug pattern.  If you want to turn this block into a fun mug rug just add a 3” x 6½” rectangle of novelty fabric to either side of the block before quilting and binding.   
Night Owls Mug Rug Pattern

Like Block 36 ‘Moonlit Star’ you have the option of having the moon facing to the East or to the West.  The only tip I have for you is to place the moon so that there at least ¼" between the moon and the edge of the block to allow for seam allowance.

And remember - owls can come in a multitude of colours ....

Next week we are back to patchwork for a scrapilicious beehive.  
Block 39 - Beehive
Until then......

1 comment:

  1. Very cute block, Amanda! my DGD loves owls! I'm working on a collage owl quilt for her! Whenever (!!) I get to finish it, I know she will love it!

    ReplyDelete