Sunday 10 May 2015

Sleepless Stitching

A couple of nights back I woke in the early hours of the morning and couldn’t get back to sleep.  So I reached for needle and thread as I often do when I cannot sleep.

I doodled quilted a rectangle of pale blue polka dot fabric (doodle quilting is where you doodle on fabric and then stitch over the doodles).

As I stitched my mind kept returning to the Amish saying “busy hands, happy heart”.  

The following morning I turned an hour of sleeplessness into a reversible seat belt cover using Crafty Mummy’s free tutorial.  

What do you do when you can't sleep?

4 comments:

  1. Great make in a few sleepless hours Amanda! I usually read if I am awake at night! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read , too, when I can't sleep. I love your random fmq by hand! The thread has such a beautiful texture!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet doodle and a practical use for it too Amanda. I tend to read technical things when I cannot sleep. If I make the mistake of going on Pinterest, it only keeps me awake even longer.

    ReplyDelete