Saturday 1 December 2018

Farmers Wife 1920s Blocks 25, 26, 27 and 28

Block 25 – Cups and Saucers
Block 25 - Cups and Saucers
I combined paper-piecing templates 2, 4 and 5 (from the Yahoo group templates) on Unit A and started with that piece.  It just cut down on some of the seam matching.  

Block 26 – Cut Glass Dish
Block 26 Cut Glass Dish
I have a dislike of 6" blocks that contain so many half-square triangles as I get bored very easily.  However, this is where paper-piecing comes into its own as notes state - "very glad I am that I paper-pieced it as it made seam matching easier".  Leave the papers on until the block is complete.

Block 27 – Darting Birds
Block 27 - Darting Birds
This block "took two days because I was busy with other things".  It is not difficult but yet again, leave the papers on until the block is complete.  I didn't follow the paper-piecing templates as I found them confusing.  Instead I paper-pieced four quarter bear paw blocks - it was easier and quicker.

Block 28 – Duck and Ducklings
Block 28 - Duck and Ducklings
Notes state simply "nice block to make - very pretty in pink".  And so it was and is. I now have enough blocks to sash another row.  So 'onwards and upwards' as we say here in England.  You can see all my Farmers Wife 1920s blocks HERE.  And you can find all my Farmers Wife 1930s blocks and links through to their hints-and-tips HERE..

No comments:

Post a Comment