Tuesday 23 October 2018

Farmers Wife 1920s Blocks 19 & 20

Block 19 – Checkerboard
Block 19 - Checkerboard
I love how this checkerboard is on the diagonal. A nice easy block to paper-piece.  I used two different fabrics for the checkerboard but the contrast is not enough to notice.  

Block 20 – Churn Dash
Block 20 - Churn Dash
"Easy peasy." I patched this classic block using the pattern from my One Block Mug Rugs book (available in PDF format - for the paperback edition click on the photo below).   

Turn any 6" block into a fun mug rug

Another two blocks and this quilt is really coming together.  And I am loving the look with the country sashing and gingham cornerstones.  See you again soon .......

1 comment:

  1. These are two gorgeous blocks!! I love how you look at a block, like your checkerboard, and change it up so beautifully! The fabrics are stunning in your checkerboard block, too!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete