Wednesday 10 October 2018

Farmers Wife 1920 Blocks 13 and 14

Block 13 - Buckwheat
Another week and another two blocks in the Farmer's Wife 1920s sew-along - all the details of which can be found HERE.

Block 13 – Buckwheat (photo above)
My journal notes for this block state "Didn't enjoy this at all.  Paper-pieced and came out ok but didn't like sewing it."  My points didn't match perfectly but it was good enough.

Block 14 - Butterfly at the Crossroads
Block 14 - Butterfly at the Crossroads
I paper-pieced this block and it turned out 1/8" larger than needed.  It is not possible to trim it down due to the design but I hope to lose that 1/8" when I sash the block.    

Another two blocks sewn and sashed (I am sashing as I go along).  Until next week......

1 comment:

  1. I browsed your Farmer's Wife blocks today- they are gorgeous! Also, I purchased your Patchsmith's Sampler book a while back. I love so many of the blocks and hope to work on them soon. Seems I am always working on some other project...

    ReplyDelete