Sunday 9 September 2018

Farmer's Wife 1920 Quilt Blocks 3 & 4

Another week and another two blocks on the Farmer's Wife sew-along being hosted by Gnomeangel

Block 3 - Basket
Block 3 - Basket
My notes say it all "Horrid block to paper-piece".  It should be simple - there is nothing much to it but it wasn't.  Perhaps I was tired.  I added a paper-pieced handle which was the easiest part of this block!  

Block 4 - Basket Weave
Block 4 - Basket Weave
I know this block as Brick Path.  It is a very traditional block that I have patched many a time in many different sizes.  My journal entry states "Quick and easy and very, very pretty.  Lovely block."  

So there you have it - one good and one not-so-good block.  Until next week when I'll be back with another two blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment