Saturday 15 July 2017

Sewing Bee Sew-Alongs

Two fun sew-alongs are due to start shortly – the ‘Spelling Bee’ sew-along and the ‘Bee Happy’ sew-along – both of which are designed by Lori Holt.

Newly released book
The Spelling Bee SAL doesn't start until October but the book was released this week in the USA and I am eagerly awaiting its arrival.  I will let you know as soon as I know the exact start date.

However, the ‘Bee Happy’ Sew-along is due to start on the 28th August and the pattern guide will be available via the Riley Blake website from the 1st August.  



The ‘Bee Happy’ SAL uses a free pattern although it does say that you’ll need the new set of Sew Simple Shapes. 
Bee Happy Sew Simple Templates
These can be quite expensive so it might be worth getting together with another quilter and sharing the cost.  Alternatively you may have a lot of similar shapes already in your pattern library which you can use.

I will be joining in both sew-alongs and have treated myself to a fat quarter bundle of Lori’s Bee Basics fabrics which I shall mix with my stash.  
This will make sure my quilt is economical and scrapilicious.  But if choosing fabric is always a problem for you then the Fat Quarter Shop has some quilt kits to pre-order together with backing kits and buttons - check it out HERE.
Pre-order your Bee Happy Quilt Kit and save 10% off the price

I will be blogging about each block as I make them so be sure to check back with me next month.

Until then ...........

No comments:

Post a Comment