Sunday 15 May 2016

The Splendid Sampler Blocks 13 to 23 (minus a few)

The Splendid Sampler sew-along is gathering steam.  I am nearly up-to-date and thought I would share another seven blocks with you.

Block 13 – ‘Scrap Star’ is a lovely patchwork block from Corey Yoder:
The Splendid Sampler block 13 - Scrap Star
Block 14 – ‘Flying High’ is simple applique designed by Janet Clare.  I took the opportunity to slow down and hand-stitched this block.
The Splendid Sampler block 14 - Flying High
Block 16 – ‘Pieces of Friendship’.  I love the name of this block and it was good fun to make.

The Splendid Sampler block 16 - Pieces of Friendship

Block 18 – ‘Lina’s Gift’.  An easy Bear Paw block from The Splendid Sampler’s one-and-only Pat Sloan.
The Splendid Sampler block 18 - Lina's Gift

Block 21 – ‘Sweet Candy’.  This block was one of the 12” modern HST sampler blocks earlier in the year.  But you can’t have too much candy (unless you’re a dentist!). 
The Splendid Sampler block 21 - Sweet Candy

Block 22 – ‘Goose on the Loose’ designed by Amy Smart.  I arranged my flying geese so they would be facing friends in the USA (to the West of me), friends in Australia (to the East of me) and homeward bound.
The Splendid Sampler block 22 - Goose on the Loose

Block 23 – ‘Hand-in-Hand’.  What looks like a paper-pieced block is actually patched.  A very clever design from Kari Carr.
The Splendid Sampler block 23 - Hand-in-Hand

As you can see I am missing blocks 15, 17, 19 and 20 - they are waiting in the wings for a rainy day.   If you want to see all my Splendid Sampler blocks so far then pop over to the Patchsmith's Splendid Sampler Pinterest page.   

Until next time .......

5 comments:

  1. I've just taken a few minutes to slow down and savor this latest series of blocks...and the time was well spent, smiling and gazing. These are all so beautifully stitched and presented. I'm loving the little props, and was so pleased to see your new pinnie, all puffed and chuffed to be included! Those little geese are headed in the right directions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that little pinnie - so much so that I only use it with my best pins.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blocks Amanda! You are doing well to catch up again! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that it doesn't matter if I am behind a block or two. I also like that the sew-alongs keep me learning and moving forward.

      Delete
  3. Beautifully sewn! I always love your fabrics. Utterly perfect!

    ReplyDelete