Wednesday 15 July 2015

Sweetly Stitched Sew Along

You might already know that I've been joining in the Sweetly Stitched sew along over on Instagram (#sweetlystitchedSAL).  Round 3 has just finished and I made a very pretty, lap quilt using the Modern Color Block Quilt pattern from Amy's "Sweetly Stitched Handmades" book.
Okay, so I photographed my quilt upside down.
What can I say?  It is a skill I have!
I  teamed a selection of fabrics from Lori Holt’s new Modern Minis fabric range with some Kona solids.  
'Modern Mini's' by Lori Holt for Riley Blake
The quilt top was machine pieced prior to my holiday and hand quilted during the holiday. 
I used a multi-purpose two stranded cotton for the hand quilting.
And I cheated on the scrappy binding by cutting up one of Lori's Modern Minis panels. 
I only used a small amount of one panel for the binding.
I shall add a little detailing to the border but more about that another time as Round 4 has started and I am making the Crayon Castle Caddy (without the crayons).  

I chose my fabrics this morning ..... 

and I’ve nearly finished already .....
Making the Castle Caddy reminded me of the Zakka SAL from 2012.
I just want to add a little Patchsmith touch here and there before I submit it.

The Sew Along is over on Instagram - are you joining in?  I do hope so - it is so much fun and there are another three rounds to go. 

Until next time ......

2 comments:

  1. Hello Amanda! Beautiful projects. I particularly like the quilt the fabrics you have used are lovely! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are cute! Lovely color combos on both!

    ReplyDelete