Monday, 8 October 2012

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving - Profitez bien le jour de l'Action de Grace

In America Thanksgiving is on Thursday 22 November this year, in Canada it is 8th October and in Britain we celebrate Harvest Festival at the end of September.  In celebration of Thanksgiving and Harvest Festival I have created a new pattern – the Thanksgiving Turkey Mug Rug.   Like all Patchsmith patterns the combination of patchwork and quick-fuse applique makes this pattern suitable for hand or machine sewists.  I hand appliquéd one and machine appliquéd the other.  Also one uses a patched tail feather and the other uses several appliqued tail feathers.  Both are quite simple and really cute.
At Patchsmith Palace we have already had our first batch of sweet pumpkin drop scones and there is plenty of pureed pumpkin in the freezer for my next batch of muffins.  At this rate I am going to need a bigger chair to accommodate my bigger behind.   I was going to say I could sit on the throne – but here in England the throne of a house is the toilet and that would never work – there is no electricity in the bathroom!  With my history of calamity that is most probably a very good thing (and yes, the cut on my toe has healed nicely, thank you for asking).
 
Many, many people have downloaded my spinning pumpkin block that I created for the Glorious Autumn Block Party over at Quilting Gallery.  I made my block relatively plain so that people could use it to fit in with their colours and style.  It seems to have worked – it has been well received.
The competition to win a Goodie Pack of fabric, ribbon, buttons and a Patchsmith original spider mug rug is still on – so just leave a comment, suggesting a name for this cheeky arachnid fellow.   I will be drawing a winner on 14 October 2012 so make sure you can be contacted by email.  ****NOTE - COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED AND WINNER HAS RECEIVED THIS LOVELY SPIDER AND OTHER GOODIES ****
 
Also don’t forget that I am giving away one free pattern with every 25th pattern sold from my Craftsy store.  Just leave a message on the Paypal form when checking-out, stating which pattern you would like to receive if you are one of the lucky 25th purchasers.  This offer also runs until 14 October 2012 so you have every excuse to purchase another Patchsmith pattern (as if you need one!).   ****NOTE - THIS OFFER HAS ALSO CLOSED BUT REMEMBER - ALL PATCHSMITH PATTERNS ARE ONLY $1.99 EACH ****

Gotta go – I am finishing off a Thanksgiving Turkey Table Topper pattern to go with the mug rug ... so keep in touch.

10 comments:

  1. I would call it:
    "Friendly Spid"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another mug rug to add to my addiction! lol
    I like the rectangle shaped patches a lot. And how your o pattern can be made with either handsewn or machine sewn embellishments!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these turkeys are so adorable! I love the fan-shaped feathers on the second version...so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spider reminds me of a Slinky Spider with the way he is dropping down. Your mug rugs are so cute! Thanks for the opportunity to win one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute turkeys, I particularly like the one with lots of brightly coloured feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so busy with creating! Once again a beautiful mug rug. Your house mug rug is very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved their mat rugs, beautiful.
    I purchased almost all patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun mug rugs! love that little spider!

    ReplyDelete